Installation instructions for your beer tap handle.
Installing your new beer tap is pretty simple, but there are a few things to be aware of to make sure you get the most enjoyment out of it.
Loosen the lock nut and remove your old tap.
- Screw on new tap and face it in the direction you want.
- Screw lock nut up to tap ferrule to lock it into place.
- My Tap doesn't face the right way.
- Turn the tap to face the direction you want, then use the lock nut to lock it into that position.
- I can't thread my new tap on the facet?
- The primary reason this happens is if you have a tap facet with metric threads. 99% of US facets have a 3/8-16 thread, but occasionally there are some metric versions with a M10-1.5 thread. There are a couple of ways to fix this. They have adapters on Amazon (look for tap handle adapter), or you can replace the facet with a new one. This isn't very hard and facets are pretty inexpensive too.
- The other reason is that the ferrule on the bottom of the tap has bad threads. If this is the case, please let us know and we'll send a new one out to you.